Justifacts now offers Individualized Assessment Tool
Our Individualized Assessment Tool Helps to Manage and Simplify the Hiring Process as well as Ensure Compliance with EEOC regulations and other state laws.
Back in April 2012, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC) determined that a criminal record alone may not be sufficient to deny an person employment. The EEOC developed a recommendation for employers to conduct an “individualized assessment” before making any employment decision based on criminal record reports.
Employers are required to consider several key factors including:
- The nature and gravity of the offense.
- The time that has passed since the offense and/or completion of the sentence.
- The nature of the job sought
In addition to the EEOC guidelines, many states and local jurisdictions have enacted laws that require employers to perform individualized assessments when using criminal records in the hiring process.
Generally, an Individualized Assessment allows employers to review and document how a particular criminal record impacts the applicant’s suitability to the job being sought.
With Justifacts’ Individualized Assessment (IA) Tool, employers can simplify the process of evaluating an applicant’s background check results against the employer’s hiring requirements for the job position. This efficient process will help you document what factors were used to determine when a criminal record precludes hiring an individual.
Our tool is ideal for your organization and your hiring process, ranging from the simple to most complex processes. This service integrates tasks and allows employers to consistently and effectively track and review background checks. This way you, the employer, can accurately apply hiring requirements and maintain compliance with the EEOC guidelines and various state and local laws.
Key Features about our IA Tool:
- Free service for Justifacts’ clients
- If the candidate previously has been convicted of a crime, an option for the candidate to provide details of the past offense as well as document their efforts to rehabilitate.
- A side-by-side comparison of the candidate’s description of the past offense and the details as uncovered by his/her Justifacts’ background check report.
- The opportunity to review the report and apply “clear or pending” status using your specific guidelines, as well as the EEOC guidelines
- The option to send a pre-adverse and adverse action notice letter, after review of criminal record report, to the applicant
- Ability to set approvals for viewing detailed results and making decisions
- Reminder emails, including escalation emails to administrative users, to ensure a consistent process
- Capability to document reasons for the results or individual assessment decision
Justifacts’ Individualized Assessment Tool offers employers the ability to maintain compliance with the EEOC guidelines and various state/local laws and regulations.
If you are looking for more information on our IA service, please fill out our request form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about the Individualized Assessment, visit EEOC Recommendations for Individualized Assessments.
It is important to note that Justifacts is providing this information as a service to our clients. None of the information contained herein should be construed as legal advice, nor is Justifacts engaged to provide legal advice. We go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful. We recommend you consult your attorney or legal department if you want assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.
Subscribe to our email list to be alerted of our next blog post: