Justifacts has over 35 years of FCRA compliant pre-employment and post-employment background check services. As an accredited company with the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), we are very familiar with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), state laws, EEOC guidelines and other relevant laws and regulations. We operate in full FCRA compliance with these laws and guidelines.
Our Compliance Department stands ready to assist you in navigating the complex patchwork of laws and regulations. Most importantly, we will conduct routine audits surrounding the use of consumer reports and background checks in order to be proactive in correcting any potential violations. In addition, Justifacts does not outsource any verifications to overseas call centers. We are dedicated to keeping all personally identifiable information in the United States.
Justifacts Helps You Maintain Compliance by:
- Providing sample disclosure and authorization forms that you can customize to align with your applicant on-boarding process.
- Our applicant portal process that streamlines the gathering of relevant disclosures, authorization, and other required forms.
- An adverse action process directly from client dashboard that includes letters, report copies, status tracking and more.
- The individualized assessment tool that helps maintain compliant background checks with FCRA and EEOC guidelines and other state laws.
- Options to automatically alter applicant process to comply with “Ban the Box”, salary limitations and other state laws.
Due to the amount of regulation over consumer reports, Justifacts strongly recommends that you consult with your legal counsel and other appropriate personnel. They will be able to help you develop, review, and implement a background screening policy and an adverse action process.